Thursday, April 30, 2020

RELEASE DAY: Splinters of You by Anne Malcom


SPLINTERS OF YOU

By Anne Malcom
Release Date: April 30



Words are my weapon.
Stories wrap around my soul, choking me, capturing you.
I don't work in dreams.
I don't offer escapes.
I cage you within my nightmares.

Magnolia Grace is a horror writer, despite what the name might suggest.
One of the best in the business, if you asked around.
Pressure comes with that title. Expectation for the next nightmare. The next bestseller.


Sickness.


That's what it is.
She can't be healthy. Because that means she won't write.
And she hasn't been writing. 
A looming deadline and a crumbling psyche drive her into the woods. To a cabin which was the site of a grizzly murder.
A serial killer, butchering women, toying with her.
Her plan is to borrow some of the horror that seeped into the soil.



But hers follows her.



The woods are meant to be her escape. But they are almost her demise.



Almost.



He was an unlikely saviour. An unlikely muse. He has horrors of his own. A motorcycle club looking to settle a score. A soul too broken to offer her anything but pain.





Grab Your Copy Here:

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA 
Free in KU




"Happy people freaked me out.
They were all liars."


Can we just pretend this entire review shows various ways my brain exploded while reading Splinters of You? I feel like every chapter I was either sitting there mouth agape with tiny explosions going off in my brain or I was laughing insanely hard (feeling slightly wrong about laughing at the context in Anne Malcom's upcoming release). I've met a lot of brutally blunt honest people, it is actually something I think the world could use more of. Magnolia Grace is extreme in her brutal honesty. You both love that about her and want to know more or you're too busy staring at the train wreck to notice anything else happening around you!

Anne Malcom uses her words like a tool of utter chaos and mental warfare. I don't think I recall another time where an author has given us an anti-heroine such as this one. And Magnolia Grace was just that. You love that you hate her and you hate loving her. What's really awesome about Magnolia Grace is she is well aware of her faults and she accepts herself. She might not like herself but she knows who she is and she doesn't hide it.

I've been reading Anne Malcom's books obsessively since her very first series. All of her books have a theme, one of love, of a couple who come together during their worst and bring out the best in each other. Splinters of You does not follow that theme. This feels like a book where she opened up her rib cage for us all to see what she's made of! She's full of passion and dreams, an obsession with the eloquent words released from her soul!! Every single time I read her I'm in awe of the poetic way she creates the worlds in her mind.

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.
 

















Meet Anne Malcolm



Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.
Raised in small-town New Zealand, Anne had a truly special childhood, growing up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. She has backpacked across Europe, ridden camels in the Sahara, eaten her way through Italy, and had all sorts of crazy adventures. Currently living in London, she’s on a whole new adventure. 
Connect with Anne Malcom



Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment