Thursday, October 10, 2019

RELEASE DAY: The Golden Hour by L.M. Halloran

We are so excited about the release of THE GOLDEN HOUR by L.M. Halloran. This standalone romantic suspense novel is out now and Kindle Unlimited subscribers can read it for free!



About THE GOLDEN HOUR

My name is Finn McCowen, and I want my revenge.
Callisto Avellino was the heiress of one of the country’s most influential families. A delicate wildflower in a bed of thorns. And the daughter of the man who killed my father.
Six years ago, she disappeared.
She says she ran away to escape the poison of her corrupt family. Money. Prestige. Power. Murder.
We have the same agenda - or so it seems: ruin the Avellinos at all costs.
If I have to put her in harm’s way to get what I want?
So be it.

Add THE GOLDEN HOUR to your TBR!

Get your copy of THE GOLDEN HOUR on Amazon!



I'm seriously disappointed in myself. I've been sitting on another LM Halloran novel (The Fall Before Flight) since April without cracking it open. But, to be fair to myself, my calendar is always stuffed full of upcoming books that I barely have the time to read and savor plus review all in time. Really though, I am kicking myself. Halloran is a frigging writing machine! I liked this story within pages, I loved the characters within chapters and I couldn't put it down once I hit 23% in. I'm not a huge highlighter while reading. I take notes because my memory is crap but highlighting stuff doesn't happen often unless I'm editing (I wasn't editing) or if a sentence or two grabs me, like seriously grabs me. I've probably highlighted 3 books out of the last 20 that I've read. There was so many sentences that pulled something from me or stopped me in my tracks.

So ya get it, I am digging the way LM Halloran writes. Watching Callisto grow from this weak and scared woman to a fierce and conniving woman seeking retribution is... uplifting. I can't help but feel the pride especially with her own struggle...


"Too bad bravery isn’t a switch you can flip and lock in place. Instead, it’s rolling waves. Courage lives at the foamy peaks; fear in every trough." 

Her writing is just poetic, right?!?!

Then there's Finn. This poor man has such a wounded heart. He's out for blood and won't be happy until he seen Callisto's family in shambles. I gotta say, he's one of my favorite parts of the book. Just the way he is (the was Halloran created him). He's bull-headed, slightly obsessive but good Lord people... he's so darn sweet with this tenderness that surprised me. Really what won me over was his integrity and the respect he showed Calli.

To wrap up all of this loveliness, it's a delicious slow burn... like the slowest burn I've ever read. Which is all ironic to go from how it started to how it truly developed. While the romance aspect is on the back burner slowly simmering, LM Halloran delivers on the suspenseful build- up! I'm in awe of the ability she has shown here. My heart raced throughout this book. I was nervous and so unsure of who to trust and who not too. Sigh, I really didn't want The Golden Hour to end but it was inevitable when I could not stop reading... even to sleep at night! This is a must read! A new favorite and it has made its way onto one of my top 10 books of 2019. Well worth 5 complete stars!

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.








About L.M. HALLORAN

When not writing or reading, the author enjoys walking barefoot, subjecting her husband to questionable recipes, and chasing her spirited daughter. She’s a rabid fan of coffee, moon-gazing, and small dogs that resemble Ewoks. Home is Portland, Oregon.




No comments:

Post a Comment