Thursday, June 21, 2018

RELEASE DAY: A Thousand Reasons by Mariah Dietz


Title: A Thousand Reasons

Author: Mariah Dietz

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Cover Designer: Hang Le with byhngle.com


★★★NEW RELEASE ★★★

The perfect summer read, A Thousand Reasons 
by Mariah Dietz, is now LIVE


Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2tf43Oh

Amazon Universal: http://bit.ly/AThousandReasons
FREE with Kindle Unlimited




Blurb:
My life is like a coin.
There are two sides.

On one side, I am Leela Walsh: daughter, sister, employee at three minimum-wage jobs.
I cook. Do laundry. Contribute to the debt my family is sinking in.

On the second side, I am Leela Walsh: Straight-A student, top graduate of my class, med student.
No one knows of my brother’s sordid past. My sister’s poor decisions. Or that I’m the first in my family to graduate high school.

The balance between these two sides is nearly impossible to maintain. And it only becomes more difficult when I meet Wes McCleary.

He’s never had a job. Never wanted for anything.
And now, he wants me. 


There are a thousand reasons we shouldn’t be together, and just one that keeps bringing us together. 

Will that one reason be enough?
 

This is my first Mariah Dietz book. Back toward the end of May I received an email asking if I would be interested in “a new Contemporary Romance, standalone titled A Thousand Reasons, releasing on June 21st.” I was down. I’m always hoping to find new-to-me authors. What I don’t like is entering into a book thinking it’s a complete standalone when there are bushels of people that have clearly already had stories. I was bummed. I don’t like to start books mid-interconnected series. I know that was a mouthful but to me this wasn’t a standalone book, it was part of an interconnected series. I know, I’m being finicky and a butthead, but I really like to have the entire story and I feel like I’m missing things and inside jokes. Does that make sense? I don’t even feel like I can fully blame the author. This is being done all the time. So authors, listen up, if you have people that cross over into other books and jump around. They are a part of an interconnected series add that in at the end of the blurb. Just a quick little line saying that we meet ABC in XYZ.  So while perhaps you feel that the reader can read the story in full; we are getting glimpses from other people that have other stories we’re missing. Perhaps these are just my feelings. I just like to read books together so I get the entire rounded experience. However, I’ll take partial blame here… I should have researched the author’s other books before I accepted or declined. This is no affecting my review or star rating at all as I think this might be more of my personal preference than anything to do with the actual story.

Wes and Leela are polar opposites. Leela had to quickly grow up and help out her family. That didn’t stop her from reaching for her dreams though. She has an impressive drive and ambition. I really could relate to her situation. I worked through college on my own dime while having a family and young child and while working full time. Dreams are doable; you just have to want them. Leela shows us what it’s like to work hard and go after it all. Now, Wes hasn’t had to struggle all his life like Leela has. He still works hard for what he wants but he’s lucky that he landed in a financially secure family. They are different. He doesn’t know what it’s like to fight as hard as Leela does. However, they feel this pull toward each other. 

A Thousand Reasons is a really sweet young adult college romance. The story is there, the bones of it. Sadly, I didn’t feel like Wes and Leela were the main characters. I know they were but the secondary characters stole the show. Maybe that’s why my rant above was so strong with this book… I’m not sure. I think my main issues were some parts of the story felts so drawn out while other areas felt hurried. The ending I needed more on. It’s an ok light read but it had potential.

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.









Read the first THREE chapters of A Thousand Reasons: https://bit.ly/2o53w0T

---------------------------------

Add A Thousand Reasons to your GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2Id3OJj

---------------------------------


About Mariah:


Mariah grew up in a tiny town outside of Portland, Oregon where she spent most of her time immersed in the pages of books that she both read and created.

She has a love for all things that include her family, good coffee, books, traveling, and dark chocolate. She’s also obsessed with Christmas ornaments and all things Disney.


Connect with Mariah:

Facebook: https://bit.ly/29BAVUJ
Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/1NEj1Uc
Newsletter: https://bit.ly/2FepS80
Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2Id3OJj



No comments:

Post a Comment