Friday, July 6, 2018

RELEASE DAY: Ain't Doin' It by Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Ain't Doin' It
Series: The Simple Man Series
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: July 6, 2018
Cover Designer: Cover Me Darling
Photographer: FuriousFotog
Model: Ian Daviau


Coke Solomon has lived a full life.

He’s a retired army drill sergeant, so he is more than used to getting his way.

And if he can’t have it his way? Well, let’s just say that’s never happened before…

At least not until Cora Maldonado walks into his life, demanding he fall in line, or she’ll find a way to make his life hell.

He finds out fast that Cora marches to the beat of her own drum, and a lot of times that drum takes her farther away rather than closer to where he feels she needs to be.

He can’t stand it.

He wants her, and he has to have her.

It doesn’t matter that she’s twenty years younger than him, and has a father that would rather see him dead than have his baby girl anywhere near him. Nor does it matter that his ex-wife is highly offended that she’s been replaced with a much younger woman.

Despite the odds stacking against them, he’ll fight for what he wants.

His ex-wife, her father, and their age difference be damned.







I tell ya, I fall into every single one of Lani Lynn Vale’s stories! Her characters seem to grab you right by the heart and they don’t let go! I knew once I read Get You Some that I was going to adore Coke! Of course I did! Who isn’t going to love a man when he defends and helps a woman who the entire town shuns? I fell for him and his ability to give June some sort of normal life! And Cora… Cora is amazing even if she doesn’t believe it!

As I’ve come to expect from Ms. Vale there is a bit of suspense. However, what really pulled me in was the humor that was injected into it! I don’t recall the last book where I have been so thoroughly entertained… oh wait, perhaps it was Ms. Lani Lynn Vale’s last book! I love seeing characters from the other books. I love the banter and the back and forth that these characters toss out! This is just a fun and upbeat book and series. I can’t wait for more! There’s this flow that Ms. Vale has while writing that I just can’t stop the reading. 

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.



















I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.







HOSTED BY:


No comments:

Post a Comment