Thursday, October 18, 2018

EXCERPT REVEAL: Heath by K Webster and Nikki Ash


Heath

by K Webster and Nikki Ash
Publication Date: October 25, 2018
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance



This isn’t a typical love story. This a story of what happens when love is so powerful and all-consuming that it has the ability to destroy everyone involved. It’s definitely not pretty and it’s certainly not a fairytale, but it’s their story and it couldn’t be told any other way.




Read an Excerpt

“Heath…”

My name is called out sweetly from somewhere nearby. Just down the hallway outside my room. I quickly tug off my tie and pull it from my neck. She calls for me again and I all but rip my dress shirt off me. I kick off my shoes and crack my neck.

I’m coming, Catrina.

I leave my undershirt and slacks on as I slip out of the room on a hunt for her. In just my socks, I creep down the hallways quiet as the mouse she claims I am. Floorboards creak nearby and I pause mid-step. Listening. Inhaling the air. I catch whiff of her lingering scent. Some sweet-smelling lotion that I love to lick straight from her skin. My mouth salivates for a taste. Salty and sweet. Mine.

“Achoo!” A sniffle and then, “Shit!”

I rush into the room across from hers. Hunter’s old room. It’s long been stripped to a regular guest room.

“I know you’re in here, my love,” I say lowly from the doorway.

Now she’s quiet as a mouse. But I can practically feel her breathing. I can practically taste her arousal.

“When I find you, I’m going to suck on your throat until you scream,” I taunt.

“You can’t do that. Then Daddy will know.” The closet. I step over that way.

“He already knows,” I counter.

“You told him?”

“I don’t have to. Crenshaw’s smart.”

The hangers in the closet clatter together. I twist my fingers around the knob and wrench the door open. It’s pitch black in the long walk-in closet. Shuffling can be heard as she retreats deeper inside. I close the door behind me.

“Why do you always hide from me?” I ask as I run my palm along the empty hangers, letting them clack together. “Are you ashamed of me?”

“No,” she grumbles, a little defensively I might add.

Irritation blooms inside of me. One day I’ll prove my worth to her. I’m so close I can taste it. To all the outsiders, I’m an orphan who somehow caught the eye of a rich businessman. Unworthy. A thorn in the side of a perfect family. I don’t belong. I’ve been told that before at church. Sanctimonious bastards. And in town, I see it in their eyes. I don’t belong in their world.

Soon, though, this fucking world will be mine.

“We’re in the dark, sweet Catrina. You can let your dirty little secret defile you and nobody will ever know,” I growl.

She squeaks and I pounce. My palms find the silky material of her nightgown as I tackle her, and together, we fall to the carpeted closet floor landing on a pile of old, unused pillows. She claws at my shirt, not because she wants to get away, but because she wants it off.

Little Crenshaw likes to get caught.

I nip at her jaw and her breath hitches. My cock is hard and I grind it against her thigh, reminding her just how good we are together. She moans, her fingers sliding to my gelled hair and rumpling it. Her grip tightens on my locks as she draws me to her lips.

I can’t see her in the darkness but I don’t need to.

She’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

She’s the most beautiful thing I can’t see.

(Copyright Nikki Ash and K Webster)


About K. Webster


K Webster is the author of dozens romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she’s active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.


About Nikki Ash


Nikki Ash resides in South Florida where she is an English teacher and mom by day and a writer by night. When she’s not writing, you can find her with a book in her hand. From the Boxcar Children to Wuthering Heights to the latest Single Parent Romance, she has lived and breathed every type of book.

Reading is like breathing in, writing is like breathing out. – Pam Allyn

While reading and writing are her passions, her two children are her entire world. You can probably find them at a Disney park before you would find them at home on the weekends!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment