Thursday, March 19, 2020

RELEASE DAY: Take Two by Heather M. Orgeron




Title: Take Two
Author: Heather M. Orgeron
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: March 19, 2020



Blurb


Who says you can’t marry the same mistake twice?

Certainly not Nya Perez...because that’s precisely what she’s done.

Liam Watts is the bane of her existence.

Her first love. Father of her child. And breaker of her heart.

Oh, he’s also her ex-husband. Well, he was, anyway...right up til this morning, when she woke up beside him in a Vegas hotel room, sheathed in satin and tulle with a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.

If it were just between the two of them, an annulment would be the obvious solution. After all, they wouldn’t be the first to marry and divorce at the little white chapel in the span of twenty-four hours.

But their daughter’s greatest wish has just been granted, and if there’s one heart Nya wants to protect more than her own, it’s Ellie’s.

So, she promises to give it six months.

There’s no way she’ll be swayed by his thick southern drawl, those well-defined abs, or that annoyingly delectable scruff lining his cheeks.

Nope. She’s got it all under control. Six months of playing house, then everything can go back to the way it was before.

But first she’ll have to muddle through marriage with Liam—take two.










Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




Oh my lanta... do I love Heather M. Orgeron's writing! I adore Heather's RomComs!! They are more than just funny and sweet (which Heather brought in spades) but she always gives me something relatable. No, I've never woken up remarried to my ex (thank the HEAVENS) but I have struggled with some of the same insecurities as Nya. Really, I wasn't sure at first if I understood Nya. I mean, she left an amazing man!! But us women, we've got some major inner struggles and we sometimes get in the way of our own happiness.

Now Liam. Oh Liam, I LOVED LIAM! No joke! I don't remember the last time that I was so completely in a man's corner. He knew he messed up the first time. He's been paying for it. But good LORD, you all, he swept ME off my feet. He tried so hard to show Nya, to prove to her that he loved her and he was in it for the long haul, for the good and the bad. Liam wanted Nya more than he wanted his next breath. She didn't stand a chance!! Even amazing men mess up. Since Liam is just the GREATEST, of course his screw ups have to be the worst screw ups for him and Nya. Sometimes actions speak louder than words and his actions aren't in line with his words (insert me kicking his butt here).

Examples of why Liam is perfect:

"What we share goes so much deeper than a physical connection. We’re bonded at a molecular level. Scarred on one another’s hearts. Engraved on each other’s souls."

"I am still so in love with you I can’t see straight.”


It wouldn't be a Heather M. Orgeron if at several points during this story you weren't laughing so hard you were crying. Heather had me in literal hilarious tears!!! She'd also have me swooning so hard I'd trip... like, did I mention how perfect Liam was? Oh and I didn't mention the Spanish delights that Heather sprinkled in!! I don't know much about Spanish culture but this family was a hoot! How is it she perfects family culture, and again, makes it so relatable?! Finally, these two didn't just have chemistry... they were constantly alight with lust, with a need so deep. I'm really not sure how these two didn't combust anytime they were in the same room!

One of my favorite RomComs so far this year! It's a feel-good story that'll make you happy smile for DAYS! Heather brings the heat and these two are unstoppable together. If you've read Heather M. Orgeron before than you know she's a riot. This is more than her normal humor. There are so many hilarious scenes that come to mind... and I just want to gush! I won't (ok I've been non-stop gushing, I know), but read Take Two! You're gonna love it! Enjoy and you are welcome!

I beta read this book. However, I was not required to leave a positive. The thoughts in this review are my own.


 








Author Bio


Heather M. Orgeron is a Cajun girl with a big heart and a passion for romance. She married her high school sweetheart two months after graduation and her life has been a fairytale ever since. She’s the queen of her castle, reigning over five sons and one bossy little princess who has made it her mission in life to steal her Momma’s throne. When she’s not writing, you will find her hidden beneath mounds of laundry and piles of dirty dishes or locked in her tower(aka the bathroom) soaking in the tub with a good book. She’s always been an avid reader and has recently discovered a love for cultivating romantic stories of her own.


Author Links






No comments:

Post a Comment