Thursday, February 27, 2020

REVIEW: We Are Us by Tara Leigh

We Are Us - RB banner-2

“A superbly written and beautifully haunting love story, that is gut wrenching and raw. 
These characters, this story—it will stay with you. Brava.”
 -- Trilina Pucci, author

We Are Us, an all-new, edge-of-your-seat and compelling love story from Tara Leigh is out now!

We Are Us_TaraL_FINAL-ebooksm (1)


I fell in love with a beautiful, broken boy.
His whispered words of love were the sweetest of lies.
He gave me his heart and destroyed mine.
I am his.
I fell in love with the beautiful man who broke me.
His boldly spoken vow was the cruelest of cages.
He gave me his name and destroyed my soul.
He is mine.
The boy I once loved is now a man.
The man I once loved is now gone.
We are us.
I have been called many things.
Victim. Survivor. Daughter. Sister. Wife.
Now I am called something else.
Murderer.
Believe it or not, this is our love story.


We Are Us - AN


Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/WeAreUs
Add WE ARE US to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2IEvQzn





Tara Leigh kicks off We Are Us right off with a cannon. She sucks you in, just like that. The way her story flows and the descriptions develop in your mind is just unreal. I live in New England and see the beauty that surrounds me daily. Don't fret, if you've never walked through the woods and mountainous terrain on the east coast of the US, Mrs. Leigh is about to visually transport you. I cannot even comprehend her ability the paint the scene, any scene, with her words in your mind. She's a word sleuth and it's definitely one of my favorite things about her writing.

We meet Poppy and Gavin pretty early in the story. I adore the two wounded kids that seem to find a kindred spirit in each other. It's like there was this invisible force pulling them together. It knew they needed each other to help them through the trouble that was their lives. These aren't just everyday normal prepubescent issues. These are the real deal, my parents suck issues. I can't help but want to just wrap them up and love them like parents and family should. This is where I end my ramblings of the storyline. If you've read the synopsis then you know it's pretty vague, I'll leave it that way.

This is also where my heart plummets and Tara Leigh rocks my mental foundation to the core! GOOD LORD! First, I'm going to say that nothing I write in this 5 star review will be enough to convey the lyrical way Tara Leigh writes. She proceeded to take a battering ram to my heart over the next 75% of the book. It felt as if there was revelation after revelation. Every time my heart would reach normal rates per minute, Mrs. Leigh would flip me on my axis again. Sadly, this is a story that so many women, young or old, will relate too. Tara took something that I struggled with personally and made me reevaluate it. Luckily I'm at peace with my particular situation but it still brought it to the forefront of my mind and made me circle it a bit differently. I find that I could go on and on about We Are Us and never tire on my thoughts or feelings. We Are Us is remarkable. A story both haunting and unavoidably real. Prepare your heart and your mind. You will be feeling and thinking on this story long after you finish. Oh, and do not forget the tissues. If you make it through without some hot and angry tears or some achingly broken ones than you are way stronger than I!

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.







imgivingittohim_b



2017TaraLeighHeadshotFinal 

About Tara Leigh

Tara Leigh is a multi-published author of steamy contemporary romance. To keep in touch, click here! http://bit.ly/TaraLeighNwsltr. A former banker on Wall Street, she graduated from Washington University and holds an MBA from Columbia Business School, but she much prefers spending her days with fictional boyfriends than analyzing financial spreadsheets. Tara currently lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut with her husband, children, and fur-baby, Pixie.


Connect with Tara

Join Tara’s VIP Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2uhcWdA
Stay up to date with Tara by joining her mailing list: http://bit.ly/2umamTH

No comments:

Post a Comment