Wednesday, September 12, 2018

RELEASE DAY: The Perfect Life by Callie Anderson

Title: The Perfect Life
Author: Callie Anderson
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 12, 2018
Cover Designer: Kari March








I don’t believe I’ve read a Callie Anderson book before The Perfect Life. But good Lord, this woman doesn’t write an easy story does she? I had to go back and look… I have read another Anderson book, Torrid Affair. I honestly don’t recall it but after reading my review of it… it seems like the feelings I had during that book have reappeared during this book. Except, I am crushed! I feel heartbroken for these people and all I want to do is hold Stephanie. My heart ached for her right down to my core. Now, that’s all that I’m going to give you on the storyline. You don’t need me slippin’ up and spoiling the entire book. I could do that. It’d be easy!

I feel like this is a book you should have a buddy to read with. You are going to need someone to hold you while you FEEL this story! I love the premises of it. Things aren’t always what they seem on the outside. Sometimes what looks new and beautiful is really dark and dead inside. Ugh… Ms. Anderson created a story that you will feel down in your core. It’s beautiful and heartbreaking. It’s incredibly emotional. This was a story written superbly. Written in a way where you will cry, perhaps sob through some of the story. While in other areas, I was so angry… so mad and upset. Callie Anderson created such an emotionally charged story. A book that will open your mind, make you think… Just go in with a box of tissues and chocolate!

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.





I had a perfect life.

The loving husband, the sweet little boy, I even had the white picket fence.

If someone took a picture of my family, I’d be the epitome of what they envisioned for themselves. I’d smile for the camera, laugh when it was appropriate and carried on with my life like there wasn’t anything wrong.

I was happy.

But it was all a lie. 
Everything I knew or believed was a lie. I wasn’t happy. I was broken despite having everything anyone could ever want. I’d lay awake imagining a world where it would all vanish. Maybe then I wouldn’t feel so alone. 

To the outside world, I had the perfect life.
But inside all I had were fragments of what I used to be.
A loving husband, a sweet little boy, and a white picket fence.

My life was perfect.

But it was all a lie.






Callie Anderson is a wife, mother and writer, who embraces the truth, then weaves it into a magical tale of romance and heartache.



HOSTED BY:


No comments:

Post a Comment