Wednesday, June 17, 2020

RELEASE DAY: Pretty, Twisted Lies by Emily Bowie





Title: Pretty Twisted Lies
Author: Emily Bowie
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: June 17, 2020



Blurb

Kiptyn McGrath

Kellie Dare was never meant to be mine. We existed in two different worlds.

Mine was dark, dangerous, and unpredictable. Her’s held prestige, wealth and promise. I was never her white knight but allowed her to believe it until the day she forgot she was mine. I quickly became the villain who would stop at nothing to keep her.



Purchase Links


99c for a limited time!


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU


Free in Kindle Unlimited


I was super excited for Kiptyn's story. I knew he was troubled and way rougher than Emily Bowie's previous men. I didn’t have a vision of what Kip looked like in my head but that cover, well Lord, isn't he perfect!?!?! Anyways, I was really excited to see what was going on behind the scenes after reading Camilla and Rhett's story (Whiskey Moments). If you've read the Moments books than you know this book has some interwoven in moments with the last one and, personally, I think you should read them just to get to know some of the side characters.


I think, and this is hard for me to pin-point, but I think this is my favorite book Emily has written yet! Besides the interesting characters, the story itself is one of Bowie's most layered and detailed. There's some surprises and a ton of secrets. The story itself spans over a couple decades and we really see some of Emily's best story telling abilities here. I loved that she gives us a man that we can feel for... I've been really curious about Kiptyn and his life. Now I know that things haven't always gone his way. He's lost a lot and everything he's had has been by sheer determination on his side. He followed the grain for so long that I loved seeing him grow into a man that started to question things and he started to find his own path.


Enjoy! I know I enjoyed helping Emily Bowie fine-tune her ideas and really make this story shine. I beta read for Emily Bowie but that didn't persuade my review, if anything it makes me critique her even harder. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions. 















Author Bio

Emily Bowie is from a small town in Western Canada. She has been making characters come to life through her writing since she was old enough to put her thoughts on paper.  She loves her white wine cold, her heels red, and her books spicy.

She married her high school sweetheart and they have two
amazing children. 


She is the author to the Bennett Brothers Series. Recklessly Mine, Recklessly Forbidden, & Recklessly Devoted.

When she is not writing she can be found reading a good
book, making digital scrapbooks and being physically active—whether it is at the gym, going for a walk, or playing /keep up with her children.





Author Links








No comments:

Post a Comment