Wednesday, January 22, 2020

RELEASE DAY: Whisky Moments by Emily Bowie




Title: Whisky Moments
Series: Steele Family #4
Author: Emily Bowie
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: January 22, 2020



Blurb

What happens when the legend you love, becomes the man you hate?

Camilla:


Do I love Rhett Steele? Absolutely not.

Do I like Rhett Steele? Not even close.

Do I hate Rhett Steele? Yes.

This is the man who destroyed my world, shattering my dreams the very first time I met him. It’s like he purposely pushes buttons I don’t even realize exist. I wouldn’t live with him if he were the last man on earth. Then how did he end up being my newest most hated roommate?

Rhett:

My singing career is tanking, my fans are turning against me, and I’m told I need to clean up my image. I should have done it with America’s sweetheart on my arm. But what’s the fun in that? Instead, I turn to the woman who hates me more than anyone. I’ve already hit rock bottom, I can only go up from here, or so I thought.



Purchase Links


$2.99 for a limited time!


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU


Free in Kindle Unlimited



I'm seriously ashamed that I read this MONTHS ago and never finished my review. Emily Bowie knows my thoughts but I didn't jot them down for people who follow my reviews for things to read... sorry about that!! Anyways, Rhett is the black sheep of the family. He's the only one not still living near the farm or in their home town. He's out in the big city making a name for himself and driving Camilla, another singer but one with a reputation for working hard but sucking the game out of all the men in her life. Press is really cruel to the famous and we see some of that in Whisky Moments.

These two, I think they loved fighting with each other. Really, it was the only way to keep their mouths from doing what they really wanted... and all they wanted was to use those mouths on each other but no words. We didn't know much about Rhett from the previous books. He was the mysterious one. He was really an interesting conundrum. He was gruff and rude, seemed to only care about himself but under that tough shell was a man that wanted what his siblings had all found. However, when it comes to the one female that has ever treated him like a regular man, he can't seem to get out of his own way. He's messed up from day one. He's like a snowball going down hill... his mess just keeps getting bigger and bigger dragging everything within reach down with him. It's funny, I started the first few chapters not really liking Camilla at first but she's a strong woman that protects her heart and her secrets fiercely. These two definitely make for an entertaining enemies-to-lovers story.

“You are the most conceited, annoying, pretty boy, I have ever met. No wonder you have to blackmail me to be your girlfriend."

Emily Bowie did a fantastic job developing a dynamic push and pull from Camilla and Rhett. I never knew if they were going to strangle each other or make out. I enjoyed the twists making this feel slightly suspenseful in places as well. But really, the love and sweetness had me all wrapped up in happiness! I'm looking forward to seeing what's next!

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.
 











Also Available



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU


Free in Kindle Unlimited










Author Bio

Emily Bowie is from a small town in Western Canada. She has been making characters come to life through her writing since she was old enough to put her thoughts on paper.  She loves her white wine cold, her heels red, and her books spicy.

She married her high school sweetheart and they have two
amazing children.She is the author to the Bennett Brothers Series.Recklessly Mine, Recklessly Forbidden, & Recklessly
Devoted.

When she is not writing she can be found reading a good book, making digital scrapbooks and being physically active—whether it is at the gym, going for a walk, or playing /keep up with her children.




Author Links







No comments:

Post a Comment