Friday, August 9, 2019

REVIEW TOUR: Griffin by Marie James





Griffin by Marie James

Series: Cerberus MC; Book 8
Genre: MC Romance




I was the golden child. The one all the Cerberus guys looked up to. I was on my way to becoming the next career Marine. 


But after my last deployment to Syria, being a Marine was no longer an option.

Unfortunately, my not so honorable discharge from the Corps didn't get rid of the demons created while I was enlisted. 

Not even my childhood friend can save me. I'll destroy her just like I destroyed everything else I touched.




Amazon
US | UK | CA | AU




When I'm in the mood for a Motorcycle Club (MC) romance, there is really only one author I turn too... Marie James. There's something about the way she creates her club that I am so in love with. Plus the fact that we are now meeting generation 1.0's children in Cerberus MC Generation 2.0 is just plain exciting! The major thing I love about this entire series is that Marie James has created a MC that is close to all the bikers I have meant. They are strong, alpha men that have a heart if gold and would give people the shirt off their backs. They may be strong but their woman brings them to their knees. 

Griffin is gruff and hard. He was the man who had it all... everyone was looking up to him, he was all set to be a career marine. But his last stint in the corps and he's discharged. He has a ton of demons. When he comes home he's struggling. He lashes out. He's a jerk. He's hard to like but we get inside his head and knowing his struggles really touched me. James made Griffin so... gosh, I don't even know the word. We see and get why he is who he is and he's been through so much more than he should have been. He pretty much just hates himself so he takes it our on everyone else. My heart could barely handle him... I just wanted to hold him! I felt like he needed it. Ivy was what he needed even if he didn't want it. She was able to soothe him though, to calm his mind. He's battling so many demons as well as himself. I loved the real look Marie James gives us with PTSD and the struggle our military face after coming home no matter how they were discharged. 

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.






Follow the Author



No comments:

Post a Comment