Thursday, May 16, 2019

EXCERPT REVEAL: This Crazy Love by JH Croix

This Crazy Love Sneak Peek

This Crazy LovePreOrder Links:


 

Shay
As I stepped through the archway from the kitchen into the hall, I ran smack into Jackson.
“Oh!”
When I collided with him, my body felt as if it had been shocked with a live wire. I needed to move away, but for some reason I couldn’t do it quick enough. For just a moment, maybe even seconds, I stood there frozen, right where his arms had come around me to steady me when I stumbled at the impact.
Let’s face it, running into Jackson was an impact. He was basically a wall of muscle. And he was warm and alive under my palm where it landed over his heartbeat. When I looked up, I almost wondered if I saw desire in his eyes, his blue gaze darkening.
Just as I became aware of the hard and rapid beat of his heart under my palm, I gathered myself together enough to step away. Tangling within this oh-so-inconvenient desire for Jackson was this urge to wrap myself in his strength.
Jackson was a good man. I knew that, without a doubt. He was not the kind of man to ever use his strength against a woman.
I had completely underestimated how much I craved being held. I knew my cheeks were flaming red when I looked up at him. He was quiet, his eyes searching my face. I wished I knew how to read his expression, but I had far too many doubts about my ability to perceive anyone accurately anymore.
With another one of his slow smiles, he winked. “Slow down.”
“Um, okay,” I muttered and hurried past him, practically running up the stairs.
I loved the charm of this old house, with its wide plank glossy hardwood floors, its tall ceilings, and windows deep enough for me to stand in. Yet, I promptly discovered one drawback. I wasn’t a spoiled girl, but I wouldn’t have minded having a bathroom right off my bedroom. As it was, I had stripped down to nothing before it occurred to me I needed to walk down the hallway to get to the bathroom.
Glancing out my window, I saw Jackson ambling toward the pasture as Mischief trotted to meet him at the gate. Clearly, he would be busy with something for a little bit. I grabbed a towel from the tidy stack on the dresser and wrapped it around me before running down the hallway with my bag of toiletries.
After a steamy shower, I felt half human and convinced I could get my body’s runaway response to Jackson under control. With a deep breath, I tucked the towel under my arms and peeked out the doorway. Once I was sure the coast was clear, I stepped out.
It so happened my bedroom was at the far end of the long hallway from the bathroom. I tiptoed quickly down the hall. Just when I thought I was in the clear, the door at an angle across from my bedroom opened. I nearly jumped out of my skin and dropped my towel on the floor.
Jackson
 
Shay stood in front of me. Naked. With the fluffy white towel in a rumple at her feet, every inch of her was bared to me. Her skin was flushed all over, with her golden hair damp and slicked back away from her face.
I couldn’t fucking help it. I mean, my God, I don’t think any straight man could have kept from taking a nice long look at Shay. Her breasts were plump and full, her nipples a deep dusky pink and tightening under my gaze. My eyes tracked the dip at her waist and the lush curve where her hips flared out. I managed to force my eyes up, although my cock practically stood up and waved at her.
She gasped and leaned forward, snatching her towel off the floor and flinging it around her body. “Sorry!”
I wanted to tell her there was absolutely nothing for her to be sorry about, but I thought perhaps that wasn’t the right thing to say just now. When my eyes met hers, and I saw her cheeks flushed pink, the urge to kiss her was so strong, I had to order myself not to.
“I have to get dressed,” she murmured, dashing past me, the door to her bedroom slamming behind her.
My hands literally itched to reach for the doorknob and open it. Apparently, I may not have been able to control my cock, which was so hard I could feel my zipper against it, but I could keep my hands to myself. Thank fuck.
I hadn’t even remembered why I was in the hallway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment