Tuesday, April 30, 2019

REVIEW TOUR: Haunted Melody by Alyson Santos



Haunted Melody: A Ghost Story, a hauntingly beautiful paranormal romance by Alyson Santos is NOW LIVE!




They say death is the end.

I thought so too until I learned it's just the beginning.






Grab your copy Today!

Free in Kindle Unlimited
Amazon Worldwide - mybook.to/HauntedMelodyAS
Add to your TBR - https://bit.ly/2Iz0BZ7



I'm so unsure how to rate Haunted Melody. I'm torn between a 3 and a 4 star rating. Honestly, Alyson Santos is usually a 5 star read for me. Her writing is lyrical. It's poetic. Even with this book. Her story telling is perfection. The blending of her words. The torment of Milo. His pain. I can't forget the actual lyrics either! This woman, she can write some insanely talented songs. Ones that I wish I could hear with Milo's gravely and gruff voice. Plus I have to say the entire storyline and twists in the book are fantastic ideas.

While this book had the signature feel of an Alyson Santos book, I was missing a few things. I loved the opening chapter but was a bit confused with what the actual story behind the house had to do with it being the landing zone for the dead. Did I miss a correlation here? I also spent the first 50% confused which really isn't a bad thing as that happens a ton lately with plot twists... I love a good surprise. Plus I really understand that we weren't supposed to know what was going on.

More than all that, I think my main issue is I didn't feel like I really got to know the characters. I felt like the character development was a bit off. Which, I feel horrible saying as I have loved every character from this author. I still can't think of Jesse without swooning. It also seemed like they were immediately in love. I'm all for some insta love when it's believable but this seemed too fast. I'm also aware that this is completely different from Miss Santos normal books. I was looking forward to that. I read a huge range of books and often skip from genre to genre because just romance is a bit too much love and happiness all the time (lol). I kind of wish she had stayed on the path of Grave Lady and not gone the love story route.

Anyway, at this point I'm rambling. It's hard to say you liked a story when you aren't sure if you did and I'm pretty much in the middle of the road. So much of it was good but it wasn't a fit for me. I will continue watching for this author. Her writing is truly beautiful and her stories are always unique.

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.









About Alyson Santos

I'm a writer, musician, and cat lover. I also have an alternative music obsession. Seriously, it's a real problem.
I write what needs to come out, whether it's pain, tears, or laughter. I write people and relationships, about the beauty and horror of what we do to ourselves and each other. I write Love. Vengeance. Compassion. Cruelty. Trust. Betrayal. Forgiveness. Darkness, and the incredible way humans destroy and heal each other.
I like to eradicate barriers, refusing to be confined by the laws of physics or limitations of reality. I will befriend a vast population of possibilities and introduce them in ways that might surprise you.

Follow Alyson Santos

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment