Thursday, October 31, 2019

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: Edison Beaker: Creature Seeker by Frank Cammuso




I have to say, The Night Door, was an extremely pleasant surprise. It begins with Edison being scared of the dark… or not the dark per say but what’s IN the dark. This is something I appreciate as it has been something my 10-year old has struggled with for the last few years. I thought this was a fun way to teach valuable lessons. The graphic novels seem to lighten up reading and make pictures more of the focus, something my daughter loves way more than the actual reading. The drawings are bright and fun. 




I really enjoyed this in The Night Door, but it’s really pronounced in The Lost City the siblings are close and seem to tolerate each other quite well. I like the way Tesla looks up to Edison and how he seems to take care of her. I found myself laughing throughout this story. The antics from the characters are adorable and I found myself laughing quite a bit while being charmed by them all!



For this tour, I wanted to choose 10 similar-themed movies. Something bright and fun that will make you laugh 
but is also appropriate for ages 8 an older.

1) THE ADDAMS FAMILY





2) BEETLEJUICE







3)  THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS







 4) HOCUS POCUS

 I keep thinking about how the brother and sister team in this movie is so similar to what happens with The Lost City. Tesla and Edison are so close.





5) GOOSEBUMPS







6) MONSTER HOUSE







7)    SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK

 This one might actually be scary to some, so be sure to tred carefully here!






The next 3 are offered on Netflix!






8)   THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES - Netflix

The house is a home to a magical alternative universe!
Closely relates to these adorable books!






9)   MOSTLY GHOSTLY  - Netflix







10) CARLOLINE - Netflix


After moving into a new home, Coraline discovers an strange world that seems like a dream—but it turns out to be an absolute nightmare...
again, how cute is this?! It gives Edison Beaker vibes!



Thank you to, Penguin Random House
for these Wicked Reads this Halloween!

 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment