Friday, May 4, 2018

RELEASE DAY: Maybe Don't Wanna by Lani Lynn Vale


Title: Maybe Don't Wanna
Series: The Simple Man Series #2
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romance Suspense
Release Date: May 4, 2018







Peter Parker Penn.

Unlike the superhero his mother named him after, Parker is no good guy.

In fact, if there’s a picture in the dictionary under anti-hero, it’s his.

Parker’s spent his life trying to get back on the right side of the tracks, but each step he takes forward, he takes two more steps back.

To save one, he hurts others. To make this good, he turns that bad.

For appearances’ sake, he plays the part. He does what people expect him to do—mostly. And at the end of each day, he goes back to his lonely apartment and wishes he was a different person. One who could fix the things he’s broken.

Then Kayla Nash forces her way into his life, and the world as he knows it is irrevocably changed.

Everything he thinks he has right is wrong. And everything he thinks is wrong is oh, so right.

One thing leads to another, and suddenly he’s growing a conscience, and trying to prove to her that he’s as bad as everybody says he is.

Yet she won’t listen.

She’s convinced that she can save him.

Little does she know, Parker isn’t worth saving, and never will be.




I just stumbled upon Lani Lynn Vale A few months ago. In that time I have probably read 10 of her older books. Besides having some of the best title names her books are amazing. The men are some of the wittiest and funniest characters. But they’re also so full of charm and this loyalty that just makes them seem so much deeper than you first expect. Peter was this mix of sexy and wounded. It made him completely irresistible. The women are strong and fierce and just what you would expect for these men. To be honest, I might have a larger crush on Kayla than I do Peter. There’s just something about her boisterous ways and strong faith, especially the faith she put in Peter. I haven’t been able to get enough of Ms. Vale’s characters.

Besides Vale’s amazing characters, the story she created in Maybe Don’t Wanna was one of my favorites from her. This was full of Lani Lynn Vale’s signature sexy, fun, and sweet; but it also had some suspense and way more emotion than I expected. I got more emotional with Peter than with any of her other characters. My husband is very similar to Peter, the way he thinks he isn’t good enough. So I felt for him a bit more than normal. If you listen to me on one series this year, make it be the Simple Men series. There’s really nothing simple about these men... unless you accept that this series is simply addictive!

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.



















 



I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 9, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.




HOSTED BY:


No comments:

Post a Comment