Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sordid by Nikki Sloane



Title: Sordid

Author: Nikki Sloane

Genre: Dark Romance

Release Date: May 29, 2016 

WARNING!!!! THIS IS A DARK READ....

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART!!!!

 


BLURP:
It took me years to find the courage to speak to Luka. He seemed exactly like me. Intelligent. Focused. Serious.

But he’s not the man I imagined.

His reality is cruel and dark. He traps me in his web, his power twisting tighter the more I struggle, until it’s hopeless. I can’t break free.

As he drags me unwillingly into his filthy world, I can’t ignore the terrifying idea circling my mind. What if I belong here with him?
 


MY REVIEW:
Who the hell would have thought this banned from Amazon… this dark romance book… could make me cry? Yes…it’s dark…Yes…there’s violence….Yes…there’s rape. But somehow, it doesn’t seem like it. I think this book really exploits the need we all have to be wanted to badly that your partner just can’t control himself. Most people want to be lost in sex, right? Maybe I’m crazy, lol, but I’ve always thought that losing control like that is incredibly sexy! 

Now, let me say….this is a DARK book. If you can’t handle some intense shit…don’t read it!!! I mean, Amazon (thinks) they banned it for a reason. So if you want a book about long walks on the beach and a guy holding the door open for you, this is NOT it!

But, even after all the dark stuff, you find yourself intrigued and finding that you like that bad boy. You see some reasoning behind things and start to understand and open up more. It’s a pretty confusing book, if I do say so. I was nearly ashamed to be turned on by it but it is what it is. I enjoyed the book and I’m glad I read it!





No comments:

Post a Comment